Claudio Ranieri has just led Leicester to their first Premier League title. The Italian has been a breath of fresh air this season and has produced some brilliant quotes enjoy!
“We are in the Champions League, dilly ding, dilly dong – come on. We are in the Champions League, it is fantastic, terrific. Well done to everybody.”
- Ranieri admits, with four games left, that Leicester are going for the title after sealing a Champions League spot for next season.
“Why can’t we continue to run, run, run? We are like Forrest Gump. Leicester is Forrest Gump.”
- Ranieri talking about the Foxes’ remarkable stamina in December.
“I said to the players, ‘When we keep a clean sheet, I pay for everyone a pizza.’ Maybe they wait for me to say, ‘Ok, a good dinner instead.’ They seem to be waiting until I improve the offer. Maybe a pizza and a hot dog!”
- The Italian was trying his best to motivate his players this season.
“Robert De Niro would be good!”
- – Ranieri’s response after being asked who he would like to see play him in a movie about Leicester striker Jamie Vardy.
“This is not a footballer. This is a fantastic horse.”
- Ranieri describes striker Jamie Vardy as a horse in an interview with US website the Players’ Tribune.
“Yes, big revenge… I want to kill him! No, he’s a nice man. It’s just football.”
- Before facing Quique Sanchez Flores’ Watford in November Ranieri jokes he is looking for revenge after the Spaniard replaced him at Valencia in 2009.
According to winger Riyad Mahrez, Ranieri always says these five words before each match “Be smart you are Foxes”.
The 64-year-old has spoken with a sincerity and humility that have endeared him to the footballing world.