The UEFA Europa League Last 16 draw was held in Nyon today as the teams still in the competition learned their next opposition.
The draw is as follows:
- Celta Vigo (Spain) v FC Krasnodar (Russia)
- APOEL Nicosia (Cyprus) v Anderlecht (Belgium)
- Schalke 04 (Germany) v Borussia Mönchengladbach (Germany)
- Olympique Lyon (France) v AS Roma (Italy)
- FC Rostov (Russia) v Manchester United (England)
- Olympiacos (Greece) v Besiktas (Turkey)
- Gent (Belgium) v Genk (Belgium)
- FC Copenhagen (Denmark) v Ajax (Netherlands)
The draw has produced some interesting ties. The all German affair between Schalke and Borussia Monchengladbach is sure to produce plenty of excitement and drama. French side Lyon scored 11 goals in their Round of 32 victory over AZ Alkmaar and face tough opposition in the form of Serie A’s Roma who breezed past Spain’s Villarreal in the last round.
Manchester United face a long trip away to Russian side Rostov in their first leg and will be weary of the inform Russians. Jose Mourinho’s men are the only English side left in the competition after Tottenham Hotspurs bowed out last night to Gent.
The all Belgian tie of Gent v Genk is sure to produce a fantastic atmosphere as is the match between Denmark’s FC Copenhagen and Holland’s Ajax.
The first legs will be played on Thursday the 9th of March with the return legs a week later on Thursday the 16th.