Arsenal preparing for weeks without Gabriel

Arsenal defender Gabriel will be unavailable for “weeks” after sustaining a thigh injury on international duty, says head coach Mikel Arteta. The centre-back limped off in visible discomfort during Brazil’s friendly against Senegal at Emirates Stadium last weekend and was ruled out of the draw against Tunisia three days later. The 27-year-old has been in fantastic form for the Gunners, being a key part of a defence that has conceded just five league goals so far.

Read more

Arsenal’s Gabriel Magalhães faces a month on the sidelines

Arsenal are set to discover the full extent of the thigh injury suffered by Gabriel while on international duty amid concerns he faces several weeks out. The centre-back limped off in visible discomfort during Brazil’s friendly against Senegal at Emirates Stadium over the weekend and has returned to Arsenal for treatment. The early fears are that the 27-year-old will miss a minimum of four weeks, with sources indicating the defender’s absence could stretch to January.

Read more

Arsenal defender Gabriel ruled out for rest of season

Arsenal defender Gabriel will miss the remainder of the season after the club confirmed he requires hamstring surgery. The Brazilian was substituted in the first half of Arsenal’s 2-1 win against Fulham at the Emirates stadium on Tuesday. Arsenal say the 27-year-old is aiming to return to action in time for the start of the 2025-26 campaign.

Read more

Arsenal’s Kai Havertz ruled out for the rest of the season

Arsenal striker Kai Havertz will miss the remainder of the season after being told he needs surgery to repair a hamstring injury. The Gunners confirmed on Thursday afternoon that the damage the 25-year-old Germany international suffered during a warm-weather training camp in Dubai last week requires an operation. Havertz will then begin a period of rehabilitation which will rule him out until the summer.

Read more

Bukayo Saka out for ‘many weeks’ in Arsenal injury blow

Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta says winger Bukayo Saka will miss “many weeks” with a hamstring injury. The England attacker was forced off during Saturday’s 5-1 win against Crystal Palace and left Selhurst Park on crutches. Saka, 23, has scored nine goals and provided 13 assists across 24 games in all competitions this season.

Read more