Arsenal preparing for weeks without Gabriel

Arsenal defender Gabriel will be unavailable for “weeks” after sustaining a thigh injury on international duty, says head coach Mikel Arteta. The centre-back limped off in visible discomfort during Brazil’s friendly against Senegal at Emirates Stadium last weekend and was ruled out of the draw against Tunisia three days later. The 27-year-old has been in fantastic form for the Gunners, being a key part of a defence that has conceded just five league goals so far.

Read more

Arsenal’s Gabriel Magalhães faces a month on the sidelines

Arsenal are set to discover the full extent of the thigh injury suffered by Gabriel while on international duty amid concerns he faces several weeks out. The centre-back limped off in visible discomfort during Brazil’s friendly against Senegal at Emirates Stadium over the weekend and has returned to Arsenal for treatment. The early fears are that the 27-year-old will miss a minimum of four weeks, with sources indicating the defender’s absence could stretch to January.

Read more

Toto Wolff in talks to sell part of Mercedes F1 stake

Mercedes Formula 1 chief executive Toto Wolff is in advanced talks to sell part of his stake to CrowdStrike’s George Kurtz, in a deal that would give the F1 team a record $6bn valuation and underscore the sport’s commercial success under US ownership. Kurtz is in talks over taking a stake of about 5 per cent in the Mercedes F1 team,CrowdStrike and Mercedes F1 are long-standing commercial partners, with the former’s logo featuring prominently on the team’s cars and driver race suits.

Read more

Ferrari chairman Elkann criticises Hamilton and Leclerc

Ferrari chairman John Elkann says Lewis Hamilton and Charles Leclerc need to “talk less and focus on driving” after a disappointing Sao Paulo Grand Prix. Hamilton and Leclerc both failed to finish Sunday’s race in Brazil after being caught up in separate incidents as the team’s frustrating season continued. Ferrari dropped to fourth in the Constructors’ Championship behind Red Bull and Mercedes, having hoped to challenge for the title at the start of this year.

Read more

Norris wins in Sao Paulo as Verstappen goes from pit lane to podium

McLaren’s Lando Norris extended his championship lead over team-mate and title rival Oscar Piastri to 24 points with a dominant victory at the Sao Paulo Grand Prix. But Norris’ second consecutive victory – which takes him nearly a clear win ahead of Piastri with three grands prix remaining – was outshone by a remarkable recovery drive by Max Verstappen. The Red Bull driver finished third, right behind Mercedes’ Kimi Antonelli, after starting from the pit lane and suffering an early puncture. George Russell finished P4 just ahead of Piastri and the high flying Haas of Ollie Bearman.

Read more